It sometimes feels like RV manufacturers enjoy choosing the most antiquated technology possible when building a camper and the door lock is a perfect example. The NE Bauer Electric Door Lock for travel trailers and 5th wheels is the answer to getting that door lock into the 21st century. The Bauer NE features a touchpad lock which allows you to program a 4-digit PIN for security and convenience. This allows anyone in the family to get into the camper even when the person with the key is not around. Here are a few more great features you’ll find in a Bauer Electric Door Lock:
- The first self-contained electronic RV latch with Capacitive Touch Technology.
- An integral touch pad to the latch which controls the dead bolt.
- It is powered by 4 AA batteries (not included).
- Is retrofit-able in most travel trailer and 5th wheel trailer entry doors, and is easy to install.
- Programmable with a 4 digit PIN number.
- The large buttons are easy to see and use.
- Proximity sensing which illuminates the buttons.
- An Intelligent Keyless Entry System which knows the position of the deadbolt and indicates low battery strength, as well as providing audible feedback to successful locking and unlocking functions.
- The key will always be able to work the paddle or dead bolt lock in case of the user forgetting the code or Bauer Electric Door Lock has a dead battery
If your current door lock has these dimensions the Bauer NE will fit your door.